This activity was developed for nurses and other healthcare professionals who need to know the basics of using an electrocardiograph (ECG) and the underlying theories related to electrocardiography, including waveform interpretation.
Upon completion of the course, the learner will be able to:
- Describe assessing a patient's level of consciousness, airway, breathing and circulation in preparation for a code emergency
- Recognize the specific situations that require an emergency response
- Effectively evaluate clinical situations that may require a rapid targeted response to avert a code
- Discuss Basic Life Support in accordance with BLS guidelines
- Refer to ACLS algorithms to aid in resuscitating patients
- Document code events, including onset, procedures, treatments, and monitoring
This course is intended for nurses.
2.0 CE for Nurses