The purpose of this program is to examine some of the pros and cons of receiving hospice care in the patient's home or in a long term care facility. The material is organized around the following categories:
- Hospice Care
- Hospice Care in Long Term Care
- Home Hospice Care
- Transitioning to Death
After completing this course, the learner should be able to:
- Identify circumstances may prevent a patient from receiving hospice care in the home
- Explain what hospice care covers
- Identify signs indicating a resident is ready to enter hospice
- Describe when home hospice care is appropriate and when nursing home care is more beneficial
- Describe some of the pitfalls a family faces when caring for a dying person in their home
Medcom Trainex designates this course for 0.5 contact hour of continuing nursing education.
Medcom/Trainex is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation*
Medcom/Trainex is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the California Board of Registered Nursing (provider number CEP 9888), and the Florida Board of Nursing (provider number FBN2818).
*Accreditation refers to recognition of educational activities only and does not imply Commission on Accreditation approval or endorsement of any product.#Courses#CE#Hospice#RN-LPN#RNs