Start with the basics in this 5-course skin health series by reviewing the anatomy of the skin and pressure injuries. Learn about risk factors and risk assessment tools. Then, explore prevention techniques for skin breakdown and pressure injuries.
Upon completion of the course, the learner will be able to:
- Identify the layers of the skin and their functions.
- Describe the different stages of pressure injuries as described by NPIAP.
- Identify the difference between friction, shear, and pressure.
- Learn how to manage moisture to avoid Moisture-Associated Skin Damage (MASD), specifically incontinence-associated dermatitis (IAD) and intertriginous dermatitis (ITD).
- Understand the role of proper nutrition and hydration in keeping healthy skin.
This course is intended for nurses.
2.0 CE for Nurses