Discuss the physiology of the skin including the composition and function of the different layers of the skin. Review the effects of aging of the skin due to intrinsic and extrinsic factors. Detail how the skin changes from infancy through the geriatric years. Implement strategies to maintain skin health during the aging process.
Upon completion of the course, the learner will be able to:
- Identify at least 3 functions of the skin
- Describe the process of tissue renewal
- Explain 2 differences between infant and geriatric skin
- List the factors associated with Intrinsic and Extrinsic aging
- Name 3 vitamins that are needed to maintain skin health
This course is intended for nurses.
1.5 CE for Nurses