Malnutrition occurs in up to 60% of all individuals over age 65. Identify malnutrition in patients and residents and assess how malnutrition can impact their healing. The mnemonic device PEARLS will lead you through several essentials for using nutrition to promote wound healing.
Upon completion of the course, the learner will be able to:
- Define malnutrition and understand its causes
- Learn the signs of malnutrition
- Understand complications of malnutrition
- Review popular nutrition screening tools
- List and understand PEARLS for nutrition and wound healing
This course is intended for nurses.