Community Rules & Etiquette and Privacy Guidelines
Welcome to HealthStream Community! The HealthStream Community (the “Community”) is made up of HealthStream customers and their users who act as a peer-to-peer support channel designed to educate and provide thought leadership regarding recommended practices in healthcare and healthcare education. Information you share in the Community may also be used to improve and expand HealthStream’s platform and products. Use of the Community site indicates your acceptance of the following Community Guidelines (the “Guidelines”). Violation of these Guidelines may result in your removal from the Community as determined by HealthStream.
- Be respectful. The Community is designed to educate, so please be polite and considerate in your interactions with other users. Respect the time and attention it takes to post well thought out questions and answers. All opinions are welcome, but personal insults and harassment are prohibited. Any posted content or comments that are abusive, profane, obscene, offensive, or that discloses private or personal information about any individual person are prohibited and will be removed by HealthStream in its sole discretion.
- Be responsible. As a Community user, you are solely responsible for your interactions with other Community users. Avoid posting any material that you do not have the right to post, such as copyright or trade secrets or for which there are restrictions against disclosure (for example, information subject to a confidentiality agreement). Only post content that you have personally created or have permission to use and have properly attributed to the content creator. Additionally, do not post any files or links to files or websites that may contain or do contain viruses, corrupted files, “Trojan Horses,” or any other contaminating or destructive features.
- Protect privacy. Do not share anything personal about yourself or your organization that you do not want others to know or that may be deemed confidential or a trade secret. Specifically, do not share patient information, phone numbers, addresses, social security numbers, bank account information, or other personal identifying information or protected health information of any individual via the Community. Information that you post within the Community will be available to all Community users. Seek guidance at your organization before posting a case-study or similar information where you believe individualized information is relevant. HealthStream bears no liability for any information posted in the Community.
- Ask permission. When someone posts information in the Community, understand that the user did not transfer any copyright or other intellectual property right to you by sharing it. If you wish to use information or documents posted by any user, please contact the posting-user to seek permission. When you post or share information in the Community, you are affirming your legal authority to do so; in other words, you assert that you own or have licensed the information and are allowed to share it in Community. You agree to indemnify HealthStream against any claims that may be made against you or the Community related to your use of copyrighted information.
- Do not market. Do not send any marketing communications or other solicitations to users, either individually or as a blast post to all users, in the Community. The Community is a forum to share ideas and recommended practices in healthcare and is not a marketing platform for products or services.
- Remember that this is user-generated content. The Community provides many opportunities for users and HealthStream to share ideas and thoughts. HealthStream does not guarantee the accuracy, validity, or completeness of any information posted in the Community. You should discuss any ideas you find within the Community with your legal counsel, medical team, and your business team before acting.
- Flag inappropriate content for review. If you recognize any violation of these guidelines, please notify us immediately at email@example.com. A HealthStream representative will investigate all complaints received. In the alternative, you can mark any post as inappropriate by selecting the “Mark As Inappropriate” option under the Reply Inline menus on any post.
- HealthStream’s proprietary rights. Your use of the Community does not grant you a license to any software or other products or services available through HealthStream. The HealthStream products and services are protected by intellectual property laws, they belong to and are the property of HealthStream and/or its licenses, and HealthStream retains all ownership rights to them. Further, use of the Community does not grant you a license to use the HealthStream name or trademark in any manner without HealthStream’s prior written permission. Reference to the HealthStream name in any post within the Community is permitted but may be removed if such post violates these Guidelines as determined by HealthStream.
- Additional information. The Community is provided as a service to HealthStream’s registered customers and their users. HealthStream is not responsible for the thoughts, opinions, or information posted by others. HealthStream specifically disclaims all warranties with regard to information posted in the Community, whether posted by HealthStream or any individual user; this includes all implied warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. In no event shall HealthStream be liable for any special, indirect, or consequential damages or any damages whatsoever related to your use of the Community, including loss of use or profits, arising out of or in connection with the use of the Community. You agree to indemnify and hold HealthStream harmless, at your expense, from any third-party claim, suit, action, or proceeding (each, an “Action”) brought against HealthStream to the extent that such Action is based upon or arises of your use of the Community, your disclosure or solicitation of personal information or use of personal information disclosed by you, your breach of these Guidelines, or your use of any third party copyrighted information or other intellectual property. HealthStream reserves the right to remove any posting, material, or other information that, in its sole discretion, violates these Guidelines. HealthStream reserves the right to terminate Community access to any user who violates these Guidelines
Any personal information you provide to us including and similar to your name, address, telephone number and e-mail address will not be released, sold, or rented to any entities or individuals outside of our organization except as noted below. With Whom Do We Share the Personal Information We Collect Through This Site: Our Service Providers
We may share your personal information with companies (including our affiliates) that perform services on our behalf, for example, companies that help process credit card payments. Our service providers are required by contract to protect the confidentiality of the personal information we share with them and to use it only to provide specific services on our behalf. Business Transfers
We may disclose the personal information we collect through this Site, when we, in good faith, believe disclosure is appropriate to comply with the law (or a court order or subpoena); to prevent or investigate a possible crime, such as fraud or identity theft; to enforce our Terms and Conditions or other agreements that govern your use of this Site; or to protect the rights, property or safety of our company, our users, or others. External Sites
While we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of any information that you transmit to us and you are solely responsible for maintaining the secrecy of any passwords or other account information. In addition, other Internet sites or services that may be accessible through our site have separate data and privacy practices independent of us, and therefore we disclaim any responsibility or liability for their policies or actions. Please contact those vendors and others directly if you have any questions about their privacy policies. For any other information please contact us using the Contact Us