In hospitals alone, patient falls are a leading cause of death in people age 65 or older. There is increasing regulatory and reimbursement pressure on hospitals to prevent patient falls. Learn the latest tools and strategies to help prevent falls from Rebecca Huff, MSN, RN, Vice President of Clinical Services at Medline Industries.
After completion of this course, the learner will be able to:
- Describe the importance of Falls Prevention and the impact on safety and quality of care
- Identify the patients at risk for falls
- Connect the cost related to falls
- Identify core elements to a Falls Prevention program
- Describe 3 tools that can be used in a Falls Prevention Program
This course is intended for nurses and case managers.
This course was written by Rebecca Huff, MSN, RN and edited by Brenda Kozak, MSN-Ed, RN and Christine Ninchich, MSN-Ed, RN. Rebecca Huff, MSN, RN is the Vice President of Clinical Services. Brenda has 16 years of clinical experience in nursing and earned her Master Of Science in Nursing with a focus on education. Christine is a Clinical Resource Manager at Medline, and a former pediatric nurse from Lurie’s Children’s Hospital of Chicago. Christine has her Masters of Science in Nursing with a focus on nursing education.
1.5 CE for nurses