This course consists of the materials and information necessary to protect yourself and those around you from being exposed to blood or blood-containing items that you may come into contact with throughout the course of your job. This training may be required as part of your training for bloodborne pathogens by your employer. In addition, such training is required annually by the Occupational and Safety Health Administration (OSHA). Your employer will provide you with additional training, which will be referred to as an Exposure Control Plan (ECP), on bloodborne pathogens as indicated by your role and responsibilities in your organization. Bloodborne Pathogens is Continuing Medical Education (CME) eligible for up to 3 AMA Category 2 Credits. These training programs are approved to provide CME credits in joint partnership with the Postgraduate Institute for Medicine (PIM) and NHCPS.
Upon completion of the course, the learner will be able to:
- Identify sources of bloodborne pathogens
- Understand the risks involved when caring for people where you may come into contact with blood
- Learn how to clean up blood and blood-containing fluids appropriately
- Understand the importance of personal protective equipment (PPE) for preventing transmission of bloodborne pathogens
- Explain how bloodborne pathogens are transmitted
- Learn how to avoid exposure to bloodborne pathogens from the use of sharps
- Learn how to respond if exposure does occur
- Create a core sense of responsibility
This course is intended for nurses and certified nursing assistants and healthcare assistants.
National Health Care Provider Solutions (NHCPS) is the premier online provider of ACLS, PALS, BLS and CPR, AED & First Aid certification and re- certification. All proceeds from the NHCPS support the efforts of the Disque Foundation, a nonprofit organization with a mission of advancing health care education to the under-served in the US and abroad. With the support of NHCPS, life support training has been made possible to the underserved in areas such as Haiti, Ethiopia, Malaysia, Costa Rica, Panama, and the United States.
This course is for training in bloodborne pathogens. If you would like to be certified, please visit NHPCS and complete your BBP certification test. Your course completion certificate will include a promotional code and instructions to take the certification exam for FREE!