This mandatory update outlines the types of fire hazards commonly encountered in the healthcare environment and the information necessary to prevent fire, and the steps to take in case of fire. By knowing this information, you will be assisting in continuing care of patients and providing a higher level of safety for visitors and co-workers in your institution, thereby avoiding legal implications.
Upon completion of the course, the learner will be able to:
- Define the term fire hazard
- Describe the types of fire hazards in the healthcare environment
- Describe how to use a fire extinguisher properly and safely
- Describe appropriate measures to take when a fire in the healthcare environment occurs
- Describe components of your institution's fire protection policy
- Describe safe methods of evacuating patients
This educational activity was developed for healthcare staff in all settings.
This educational activity was wholly developed, written, and produced by Medcom, Inc.