This short 20 minute webinar exploring skin injuries other than pressure injuries/ulcers- specifically moisture associated skin damage (MASD) including incontinence associated dermatitis (IAD), intertriginous dermatitis (ITD), medical adhesive associated skin injury (MARSI), and skin tears. Identification of risks, prevention and treatment strategies will be discussed.
Upon completion of the course, the learner will be able to:
- Become familiar with skin injuries such as MASD, MARSI, and Skin Tears
- Differentiate IAD and ITD
- Identify Type 1, 2 and 3 skin tears
- Name risk factors for the development of MASD
- Identify holistic strategies for skin health
This course is intended for nurses.